Saturday, January 29, 2011

Life.

I hate that my mother is trying desperately to continue to have a hold over my life even while I'm in college. She follows my other blog, which is why right now I'm running away to here. She's trying to convince me that I shouldn't get my ears pierced again, even though I want to and it's my choice and I know for a fact she wouldn't have said no when I was home over break. I know she would've been alright with it. Now she's trying to dissuade me with every fiber of her being. "It's too expensive up there." Not if I do it at the same place I did every other piercing on my ears. (I also thought for a minute about getting my nose pierced, but she would've killed me over that and I don't want that.) "It's just another distraction." No it's not. It's just another thing to add to my morning and bedtime routine that isn't long at all. "You can't donate blood for another six months." Honestly, I might not be able to find the time to donate blood for the next six months. That takes more time than sitting down and getting my ears pierced. Ultimately she said it was my decision (which it IS) and I still think I'm going to go through with it. If it turns out I don't like them, I can take them out and let them close up. It's not a big deal to me. I mean, I wanted to donate blood at some point this week, but it's already shaping up to be a cluster-fuck (my mom and dad are coming to drop off a bunch of my stuff on Monday afternoon) so we'll see how that goes. Honestly, I think I'll either go after debate prep this afternoon or I'll wait until tomorrow and do it then. But either way, I think they're getting done. I'm independent and I can do what I want to my body now. Ugh, wait 'til she hears when I get my tattoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment