Friday, January 14, 2011

Hopes and Dreams and the Water Crisis.

Just when I thought I was going to miss being here, everything falls apart. Everything collapses and caves in on itself. I become miserable and end up crying myself back to sleep in the morning. I'd forgotten what this place does to people. I'd forgotten how it had broken me down, making me feel useless, worthless, like I was nothing. It's done this time and time again to me, killing me slowly. If it were up to me, I'd never come back here again. It's so toxic to me. It kills me, it breaks me down. It's almost as if there were dementors here, slowly sucking the life out of everyone that that tries to live and love and hope and dream for things that are better than this. I do hope and dream. I hope and dream of something better, some life that's bigger and greater. I have the biggest dreams, and I want to make them happen. I want to bring some of my hope elsewhere in the world, places that don't really have a lot of hope. I want to bring hope to some of the other toxic places of the world, ravaged by despair and distrust and violence.

The world's water crisis has been brought to my front door. We ran out of water yesterday evening. Our well finally ran dry. I want to make sure that 1) I never experience this again because it's freaking miserable and 2) nobody else has to either. I want to do my part to save the world's water. I want to do my part to save the world. I want to help someone. But first, I have to help myself and get the fuck out of here. It's killing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment