Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Love Faces.

I know I want to see you. As much as I really want to deny the fact that I want to see you, I can't help it. I can't go a day thinking about what we've got. We've got a "cupcake-no-frosting" kind of fling, and I can't help but be comfortable in it. I remember this past semester and it makes me smile. Just thinking about the way you smile as soon as I walk in, the cute little way you hug me from behind as I'm slipping out of my shoes, the way you help me organize my stuff in a neat pile so I can make a quick exit if necessary, the way we play and laugh as I nearly push you out of bed because I insist on being next to the wall, the way you lay your head on my chest, the way you kiss me subtly. The one time your roommate walked in while we were together, I fell for the way your heart raced next to my chest as you struggled to find the words to explain that I was with you. I even like the way you call at nearly the most inopportune times...from me being in a taxi on the way back from a club, to being on State nearly every time, to very late nights in Seneca just as I'm starting to get ready for bed. I walked to your suite in the rain, in the snow, and in the dead of night. And even through all that, I find myself missing it. Maybe it's just me being an attention whore. Maybe it's me just being sexually frustrated. But, I know, there's something about this that I really like...and I've definitely missed it for the last month. Maybe I'm actually starting to look forward to seeing you on Monday night, even though I don't know when I'll actually get to campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment