Friday, January 21, 2011

He is the heartbreak.

"You gotta promise me hearts won't break and end up like before." You said yesterday you wanted to see me either today or tomorrow. I haven't heard from you today. You know, the basorexia hasn't gone away. I still long to have your lips pressed softly next to mine and your hands around my waist. I miss the days where we could lie in bed together, even if it was just for a little while, your head placed on my chest.

What happened to you possibly spending a night here with me? What happened to that? You know I wanted it. I would've enjoyed it. It would've been like something more conventional, which is what I've wanted for us since the start. I mean, I'm not saying we have to ~date~ or anything, but it'd be nice to have something a little more normal. I just don't know if I could handle a relationship with you. I told the other boy I couldn't do it with him. Could it be easier if I tried with you? I mean, you live about a ten minute walk from me, it's not far. It's not like it's four hours by train like the last one. But I'm afraid of ruining our thing if I mention this too soon. Especially because that always happens to me. I always mention things too soon, even though they could be what I've always wanted. Last semester, I ruined a really solid friendship with a boy over the fact that he was everything I could've ever wanted. Sometimes I think about him and realize that, yeah, he really is everything. He's charming and funny and smart and everything. He's really everything. I haven't spoken to him (like I said, I completely ruined our friendship) but I remember the days when I still did and frankly, it makes me sad.

I know you won't call me for Valentine's Day. As much as I might want you to. Maybe you'll surprise me, but I doubt it. I mean, we're not the romantic type. I'd love for you to prove me wrong though. Could you, for once, just be a normal boyfriend kind and do something nice for me? After all, I've been awfully good to you...

No comments:

Post a Comment